Click here to join Arts Yackandandah online. You can pay with a credit card.
Arts Yackandandah is a volunteer organisation which aims to provide a range of visual and performing arts experiences to the community of Yackandandah and surrounding districts.
Arts Yackandandah is an umbrella organisation for a number of community groups that operate in the town. These include:
- A community choir who perform annually at the Yackandandah Folk Festival.
- A theatre group that stages a performances once a year. They frequently perform locally written plays and are active in encouraging local actors and playwrights.
- An art house film group “Flickside” screens movies in the Yackandandah Courthouse.
- An annual visual art exhibition “Fresh and Unframed” is held in the Courthouse and is open to the public for 10 days. Over 50 artists from around the district regularly exhibit and sell their works. The exhibition also includes the bestowment of the Haldane Slater Memorial Award to an independently judged artist.
- A ukulele group that meets weekly on a Monday night.
- A poetry group that meets on the first Sunday of the month.
- Arts Yackandandah also oversees the management and staging of performances by travelling theatre groups, music acts including folk, classical, opera and jazz, film festivals and any other event the committee feels enhances the creative and artistic qualities of our community.
Arts Yack Adult $20 Arts Yack Family $30
Children (U 18) have free Arts Yackandandah membership but their name must be recorded in our membership records. An individual child who is not part of a Family Membership should complete the online registration process to ensure their name is in our membership records. There is no payment involved.
Membership period is the calendar year.