Click here to join Arts Yackandandah.
Arts Yackandandah is a volunteer organisation which aims to provide a range of visual and performing arts experiences to the community of Yackandandah and surrounding districts.
Arts Yackandandah is an umbrella organisation for a number of community groups that operate in the town, including:
- A theatre group that stages a performances once a year. The group frequently performs locally written plays and is active in encouraging local actors and playwrights.
- An arthouse film group, “Flickside”, which screens movies in the Yackandandah Courthouse.
- A visual art exhibition, “Fresh and Unframed”, held in the Courthouse, featuring the work of more than 50 artists from around the district. Works are also available for purchase. The exhibition also includes the bestowment of the Haldane Slater Memorial Award to an independently judged artist.
- A ukulele group that meets each Monday night.
- A poetry group that meets on the first Sunday of the month.
- A writers group that meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 2.30pm in the Yackandandah Courthouse.
- A community choir, which performs annually at the Yackandandah Folk Festival.
- Arts Yackandandah also oversees the management and staging of performances by travelling theatre groups, music acts including folk, classical, opera and jazz, film festivals and any other event the committee feels enhances the creative and artistic qualities of our community.
BECOME A MEMBER OF ARTS YACKANDANDAH
Adult – $20 Family – $30
Your membership fee entitles you to:
- FREE entry to all Flickside screenings
- membership to all of Arts Yackandandah’s sub groups, such as Yackandandah Theatre group, Yackandandah Writers group, Ukendandah, Yackandandah Community Choir, etc (some may charge additional fees)
- discounted tickets to ALL Arts Yackandandah-hosted concerts, events and productions
- information about all upcoming arts related events in and around Yackandandah, via the Arts Yack newsletter
- the opportunity to shape the local creative culture and scene, by participating and voting at the Arts Yack AGM
- the satisfaction of knowing that you are actively building a resilient and dynamic creative culture within your own community!
Please note: Children (U 18) have free Arts Yackandandah membership but their name must be recorded in our membership records. An individual child who is not part of a Family Membership should complete the online registration process to ensure their name is in our membership records. There is no payment involved.
The membership period is the calendar year.